preview

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Rough of the week#8

I use these roughs for two different purposes. First and foremost, they're a foundation for the final drawings, but after I'm done inking, I keep them underneath and touch them up. I find they give weight to the drawing.
I had never looked at these roughs after the ink was done, but today, looking for something to post, I realized I had not saved a prior version and that was all I had left.
Turns out, I think I like this much better. It feels looser and captures the energy of the pose better...
Anyway, the animation is going well and I'm understanding better what works and what doesn't. It's still not quite how I'd like it to be, but I figure it's better to push forward, learn from the next bunch of scenes and maybe, if I find it necessary, come back to these early ones later.

No comments:

Post a Comment